How do you make a new start? A new life for yourself? How do you pick yourself up again? How do you get yourself back after something’s happened? Or after something hasn’t happened for a while and you’re bored beyond belief with him/your job/your life/that way of being that hurts you?
Beginnings and endings. They have the power to make you twice the woman you are or leave you in a big bundled mess on the floor.
To weep or to whoop whoop? That is the question. That’s why it’s so important for you to be a big beautiful support to yourself, because you hold the power right now to completely and utterly inspire yourself with this new way of being.
Or not. You could fight it wishing it would all go back to the way it was. But it can’t. Dammit. New beginnings are here.
Have you ever wanted to feel absolutely amazing and powerful and strong when a new life is handed to you by the universe? But stress and doubt come creeping in? You’re worried about what will happen to you… Worried about how it will all be? You’ve likely come to the end of a life cycle. So to see you through so you feel good with glitter on top I’ve written this little guide for you:
7 Baby Steps to Begin Again so you move forward into your new life with ease, grace and fabulousness!
And what’s the first baby step?
1. Um…it’s exhaustion. First stage of newness. Might be speckled with euphoria in places. A new hair cut. A new juice you’ve just discovered for your mornings. And then, exhaustion. Feeling irritated. Unexplained bad mood. Your needs at this point are basic. Good food. Good sleep. Safety. Good people. Don’t try to reach for the stars right now. You’ll not be feeling it. If you skip this bit and lunge for No.2 and go all self-helpy you’ll slip back here to No.1, but then it will be No.1 + beating self up. So don’t bother. Give it a miss. Watch telly. Sleep. Cry. Just be.
2. Thinking time. Second stage of newness. You’re ready. Not for your new life yet. But you’re ready to think about it. Write it out. Say it to someone you trust. Dare to reach for the stars in your thoughts and on paper. You’ll feel better.
3. Energy time. Third stage of newness. Time to build your energy doing what you love. Start with your body. You won’t feel like it but do it anyway. Move it. In the only way that makes you happy. Dance to 3 tracks every morning before work. Sing your heart out in the shower. Hit the gym, yoga class, the whatever you fancy class. If you don’t energise your body you won’t have energy to create this new life you want. Skip this and you’ll falter start most days. Which will pull you back to No.1. No thank you.
4. Spirit time. Fourth stage of newness. Your spirit and soul are beginning to wake up. Listen to them. They’ll begin to send you the newness beginnings like little bird songs. Feed them what they need to lift you. What new delicious ritual would you look forward to every day? A meditation app to listen to on the way to work? Chakra dancing? Painting with your fingers? Tending to your flowers, drawing fragrant warm baths for yourself, you know what I’m saying here? This is where you tend to the gentler more sensitive part of your nature. Feed yourself your highest possibility here. Again, do it with a girlfriend if you keep messing this bit up. She’ll support you and you’ll not want to let her down. (Soul kismet.)
5. Why? Why do you want this? This is your fifth stage of newness. And it’s so, so needed. Write it on a piece of paper. There. That’s why. You need your why. It will pull you out of bed on a morning you’d really rather not. It will make you make that phone call to get help. It will make you take action when you’d rather slip into the old way of being. Your “why” is the reason why you’re doing this. Your “why” makes YOU more important than your excuses. Write it out and carry it with you. It’s your best friend for your new life. Look at it regularly. There, that’s why.
6. Pleasure time. Sixth stage of newness. Give yourself fun in abundance. You need fun and happiness and sparkles and gorgeous luscious pleasure dotted daintily throughout your day. A woman like you HAS to have something to look forward to, always. What turns you on?
7. Action time! Seventh stage of newness. Now you’ve got the energy to tackle that. Whatever that is. You’re ready to stop doing that thing, or to start doing that thing. You’re ready to begin your new life! This is outward action – calling up for a new job, putting your profile up on a dating website, asking for what you want, joining a course, calling someone to help you, making that move. Finally. Yes. You’re ready to put this new beginning into action! It will feel good. Frantic sometimes. Pace yourself. Do not give up energy time and spirit time.
There you have it. 7 baby steps to the new you, new life, new way of being. Here’s to new beginnings! YES! Let this time be a breath of fresh air for you – trust it – new beginnings suit you!
I’d love to hear in the comments below why you’re doing this for yourself – why you’re beginning your new life…do you deserve it? SHOUT IT TO ME!
Inspiration + Transformation
straight into your inbox + the Higher Self Meditation + the Emotional Health Masterclass join my newsletter here.